Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Seafood Weekend

I had a wonderful weekend gorging on seafood-Fish(Red Snapper), Prawns and Crab.
As much as i would like to call myself an environmentalist and an animal lover-i fail to conform to the prevailing standard's of environmentalism.
It's quite a task to describe the contempt i felt toward's the 'murderer's' at INA market-south Delhi while i shopped for delicacies with my maternal uncle and yet ironically-i relished the cooked version of the same later(with a running nose and salivary glands working in top gear because it was soo delicious and yet so spicy).
My vegetarian friend's out there are probably hating me right now but they know pretty well that im a sucker for sea food!

Without getting into the gory details i would like to describe the scene at INA market while i shopped with a permanant scorn on my face. Around fifty or more crabs were cramped for space in a tiny basket, tied up so they couldn't escape. Fishes lay with their mouth's open as if alive and still gasping for breath, lobster's were heaped in a pile and the prawns simply scared the living daylights out of me-ironic because they were DEAD.

So there i was-hand's full with plastic bags(Yes they are still pretty rampant at INA though a supposed ban has been imposed on them) and pleading and begging my uncle to put an end to the torture i was goin through. One hour later, i found myself in the parking lot trying to catch some fresh air while the fishy smell lingered around me.
The crabs in the packet i was holding were restless and kept moving-so fishy smell coupled with squirming crabs i sat in the rear seat placing the crabs in the front with my uncle(this annoyed him because now it made him look like a driver-something i diagreed to because you can't possibly have me-in my Adidas tracks and sweatshirt with a driver wearin a Longine's watch, Fendi sunglasses and a gold or platinum ring on most of the finger's of his perfectly manicured hand's-nope..just does'nt make sense to me).

So we headed homewards....(to be continued....)

I aplogise to my reader's for discontinuing with this post..I have two very strong reasons for doing so:
1.Im lazy as well as erratic.
2.After a long hiatus from writing, im unsure if i still remember the events that occured during the seafood weekend...and vague memories do not make for good literature according to me.
Oh well so iv decided to move on with a new post-as i always do-still more proof for my erratic disposition.

No comments:

Post a Comment