Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Resolutions and comebacks.

Back after a long break and loving it. Friends thought it was a much needed hiatus from writing,thinking and doing anything as a matter of fact(regular migraines, the flu..i was plagued with all sorts of diseases at the same time)..but the truth is-i was being a bum and using fatigue as an excuse for not doing many of the things i enjoy doing. Over with a melancholic phase of life and back to what matters. System failures, relationship failures are all part and parcel of life, cant help but deal with it and move on. So a new day, hot soup in hand i proceed with some unfinished business.

I celebrated my 21st birthday recently-each year, a new birthday brings with not pleasure but the depressing thought of having grown a little bit older than i already am. I know it's too early to be worrying about stuff like wrinkles, crows feet and menopause but what really gets to me is the thought of facing alot of 'grown up' stuff in life. Work, saving, maintaining a bank balance, paying bills, getting married,having kids...most if not all of these are terrorising. My lethargic lifestyle could be to blame or also the fact that im commitment phobic. If most of my recent nightmares werent age related i wouldnt be posting such irrelavance-but then the irrelavant is at most times the significant. Alas! i am a day older each day and to reverse the ageging process would be as possible as getting the Shiv sena to celebrate Valentines day;) So new resolutions have i formed and to stick to them is what i intend to do. Pondering over irrelavant ideas for too long and depressing myself are no more on my agenda. Contended and calm are the keywords-change has come though slowly. I feel happier and younger each passing day and as for the other challenges ahead-im not thinking about them as yet. Time will tell what suprises lie in store for me.

P.S-Someone;) recently posed a peculiar question to me asking why i did not write in accordance with the 'popular genre'-in other words, why my posts were balanced on the realms of the abstract only sometimes venturing into common ground. My dear and beloved reader-id love to cater to an audience that loves what i write and at the moment im doin precisely that-only on the basis of feedback do i plan my next post. As long as i get your treasured feedback, im contend with myself and my posts(catering to a niche audience;pp).

3 comments:

  1. good to have you back at blogerville...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man i can't believe i stumbled upon your blog. this is so surreal. But hey you write pretty good stuff :)

    ReplyDelete